TL;DR: there are many somewhat technical details below. Long story short, GanttProject 3.0 comes with built-in update system. Leave it enabled to get bugfixes and other minor updates faster.
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Tuesday, September 29, 2020
We started a public beta testing of GantProject 3.0 in August. The testing goes fine, we already see a few dozens of people who use GP 3.0 is their daily work. GanttProject 3.0 is compatible with our old good GP 2.X series and it reads and writes files in the same format. It is also very stable, so we encourage to join the beta testing.
Due to many factors, we had to include Java Runtime into the distributions, and the size of GanttProject 3.0 distro is now about 100 megabytes. Because of this and because building a complete distro for all platforms takes a lot of time, we decided to implement the update system which can install small updates as they are ready.
So, today we published update 2910 with many bugfixes and usability improvements. If you launch GP 3.0, the update system will suggest to install this update, as well as the previous ones.
Work with file storage was rewritten in GP 3.0 and now documents from the local computer, from WebDAV storages and from our own GanttProject Cloud are available in the single File Dialog. It is already very nice and became even better in build 2910:
- Offline cloud documents support is nearly completed. We fixed a lot of bugs, made the user interface more intuitive and checked that GP switches between offline and online modes smoothly (and fixed it when it didn't). Offline cloud documents are great, and we'll share more details on this later.
- Cloud documents were seamlessly integrated into the Recent Documents list.
- Work with local documents became more error-proof. "Save" button becomes disabled if the target file can't be written, and we show a hint explaining the reasons. "Overwrite" checkbox prevents from accidental overwriting of the existing files.
|GanttProject Cloud document in the Recent Documents list|
Download GanttProject 3.0, update to the latest build and join beta-testing! GanttProject 3.0 is integrated with GanttProject Cloud server for storing your project documents. if you work in a team, don't miss the opportunity to try GP Cloud. It is free during the beta-testing.
Saturday, May 2, 2020
It fixes a few severe issues:
-- macOS: only English, Galician and Tajik languages are available in the settings UI;
-- Linux: ganttproject launcher won't open files when using relative paths;
-- all platforms: visible columns in the task and resource tables reset to default after undo operations or on file opening;
Version number remains the same, only build number has changed.
If you already downloaded GP 2.8.11-r2393, we strongly recommend to download the new build.
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
- Updated holiday calendars of top 20+ countries and regions according to our Google Analytics data. Welcome, Karnataka region!
- Major update of Simplified Chinese translation and minor updates in Korean, Italian and Turkish translations.
- Several fixed bugs.
- Package for macOS now comes with bundled Java Runtime and is properly signed and notarized to make the security system in the latest macOS versions happy.
- Also, we tested a number of Java Runtime configurations on Windows and wrote up the results in the release notes to help our users choose the runtime which provides the best experience.
Packages for Windows, macOS, Ubuntu/Mint/Debian Linux and platform-independent ZIP archive
are available from the download page on ganttproject.biz and from the release page on GitHub.
GanttProject is free software and you can download any package at no cost. You can help us to spread the world by leaving your like or review on Facebook or Capterra or by following us on Twitter or Facebook, or by purchasing paid download.
Monday, March 2, 2020
Please notice that this app is marked as unofficial. It was packaged by Hauke Hasselberg independently on his own initiative, and we can't provide support with respect to packaging issues, should they arise. However, it is the same GanttProject which you can download from our official locations and we do provide the same best-effort support for packaging- and device-independent functionality.
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Packages for Windows, macOS, Ubuntu/Mint/Debian Linux and platform-independent ZIP archive are available from the download page on ganttproject.biz.
Thursday, August 23, 2018
There is also German translation update and new Dutch and Israel holiday calendars.